Your Monthly USHJA eNews: What's Inside?
From One Point Behind to Tri-Colors, Victoria Colvin Wins the 2015 USHJA Hunterdon Cup Equitation Classic
|Victoria Colvin aboard Betsee Parker's Clearway in the Hunterdon Cup. Photo Credit: Cathrin Cammett Photography|
July 7, 2015----
Seventeen-year-old Victoria Colvin of Loxahatchee, FL, claimed the championship title in the 2015 USHJA Hunterdon Cup Equitation Classic, presented by Intermont Equestrian at Emory & Henry College
, in the Dixon Ring at the Devon show grounds aboard Dr. Betsee Parker's 10 year-old bay Warmblood Clearway. Read More
Congratulations to the top 10 riders:
- Champion - Victoria Colvin, Loxahatchee, FL
- Reserve Champion - Ashton Alexander, Ocala, FL
- 3rd - Shannon Hogue, West Chester, PA
- 4th - Coco Fath, Fairfield, CT
- 5th - Annabel Revers, Weston, MA
- 6th - Thea Chafee, Potowomut, RI
- 7th - Samantha Cohen, New York, NY
- 8th - Victoria Press, New York, NY
- 9th - Hayley Iannotti, Wellington, FL
- 10th - Gabrielle Bendall, Glenmore, PA
Don't Miss It! USHJA Championship Week is Quickly Approaching
Don't Miss the Deadlines!
- Entry Deadline: July 22, 2015 for both Championships
- Pre-Green Incentive Championship Qualifying Period: ends August 5, 2015. Horses must be enrolled and compete in a minimum of two USHJA Pre-Green Incentive Stake classes between December 1, 2013 and August 5, 2015 to qualify for the Championship.
- International Hunter Derby Championship Qualifying Period: ended June 1, 2015. Congratulations to all of those who qualified!
August 11-13, 2015
Kentucky Horse Park
August 13-15, 2015
Kentucky Horse Park
Barn Night is Back!
Win cool prizes and see the top hunter riders in the country go head-to-head for the International Hunter Derby Championship title. The barn with the most spectators in attendance for the evening will win a $300 SmarkPak shopping spree, official Breeder's Cup merchandise, and three USHJA Prize Packages!
Stop by the USHJA Booth located on the concourse level of the Rolex Stadium, beginning at 6:00 pm during the Handy Round on Saturday, August 15, to participate!
Where to Watch Online
If you can't be in Kentucky to catch all of the Championship action in person, EQSportsNet will be providing wall-to-wall online streaming coverage
of both the Pre-Green Incentive and International Hunter Derby Championships.
International Hunter Derby Championship 101
The Tier System Explained
Days Left to Participate in the 30-Day HQC Stable Challenge!
Does your barn have what it takes? Riders (junior and amateurs!), sign up to participate in the 2015 HQC Stable Challenge, presented by The Plaid Horse, test your horsemanship knowledge, and show your trainer you have the horsemanship knowledge it takes!
The 30-day challenge ends July 15, so participate now online! Meant to engage the whole barn, at least three students per trainer must complete the online HQC Practice Quiz for their barn to be eligible for a unique trainer-inspired award package with gifts from Equestriancoach.com, Shapley's, Perfect Products, Rood & Riddle, The Plaid Horse, Standlee and Professional's Choice. At the end of the 30-day challenge, the three top scores under each trainer will be averaged to provide an overall score and the highest scoring trainer per zone wins a prize!
In addition, those who take the Level One and Level Two HQC quizzes will receive 10 bonus points for each level, which will be added to their Stable Challenge score. In the event of a tie, a fourth score will be added to the average.
* Trainers, coaches and riding instructors must be current USHJA members and be declared professional with USEF.
Time is running out to nominate a deserving USHJA member for the Jane Marshall Dillon, A.C. Randolph Owners Legacy and Amateur Sportsmanship awards! The deadline to nominate an individual for these awards is July 31, 2015.
- Jane Marshall Dillon Award: Recognizes an individual who has devoted their life to teaching and mentoring riders beginning their education in the hunter/jumper discipline. Past recipients include Ralph Caristo, Nick Karazissis, Walter T. Kees and Sissie Anderton. Nominate someone today!
- Mrs. A.C. Randolph Owners Legacy Award: Honors an owner who has created a legacy of sportsmanship and giving back to the hunter/jumper sport through continued dedication and support. Past recipients include Helen Lenahan, Harry Gill, Wilhelmine Stewart Kirby Waller, and R. Bruce Duchossois. Nominate someone today!
- Amateur Sportsmanship Award: Recognizes Amateur Owner and Adult Amateur exhibitors who exhibit a degree of excellence and integrity by supporting their fellow competitors and volunteering their time and resources to various aspects of the industry. Examples of this include serving on committees, providing sponsorships and promoting the welfare of the horse. Success in the show ring is a secondary factor. Nominate someone today!
Let Your Voice Be Heard! Attend a USHJA Town Hall Meeting Near You
Join in the conversation with USHJA leadership about opportunities and challenges being discussed in our sport. Agenda items include: jumping athlete and horse developmental pipeline; HOTY points and money won; California splits; performance hunters; incentive programs; equitation course verification and sport regulation.
To find a town hall near you, visit www.ushja.org/townhall.
Back to Top
USEF Update: Approved Rule Changes
From the USEF Communications Department
Lexington, KY----July 2, 2015----Following the USEF Mid-Year Board of Directors Meeting this week in Lexington, Ky., the list of modified regulatory texts are now available. All updated texts, showing the latest changes, can be found under Approved Rule Changes in the Rule Book section of the USEF website.
Approved rule changes include rules effecting competition mileage exemption (GR301, GR306, and GR318), Equitation rules approved for 2015 (EQ110.6, EQ110.12), Hunter Rules approved for 2014 (HU179, HU180.1), Hunter Rules approved for 2015 (HU106.8, HU125.4), and Jumping Rules approved for 2015 (JP120.1).
Read more to view all approved rule changes.
Join Us in Orlando, FL, for the 2015 USHJA Annual Meeting!
The USHJA 2015 Annual Meeting is set for December 6-10, 2015, at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Hotel in Orlando, FL. Surrounded by Walt Disney World Resort, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Hotel is the place to be for USHJA members looking to network, discuss industry challenges and opportunities, and honor fellow equestrians during the USHJA Annual Meeting.
A block of rooms for USHJA members has been reserved with a special rate of $185/night. Please make your reservations early to ensure availability. Reserve online, or by calling 1- 888-353-2013. To receive the discounted rate, refer to the USHJA Annual Meeting and use the discount code: HUSH.
Back to Top
USHJA Directory of Clinics
Looking for educational opportunities? Check the USHJA Directory of Clinics for upcoming educational clinics. Here's a preview of upcoming Trainer Certification Program Clinics, presented by Markel Insurance:
Spotlight: Certified Trainers of the Month
Certified Trainer since 2014
Owner/Head Trainer: Ledyard Horse Training
Professional Experience: 20 years
Specialties: Hunter, Jumper, Equitation, Young Horse
Certified Trainer since 2011
Owner/Head Trainer: Kneipp Farm, Inc.
Professional Experience: 14 years
Specialties: Hunter, Jumper, Equitation, Ponies, Young Horses, Foundation Lessons
Each of our featured trainers has completed the USHJA Trainer Certification Program, presented by Markel Insurance.
Sponsors and Partners
The USHJA would like to thank the following sponsors and partners for their support of our many programs and endeavors. For more information, click the sponsor logo(s) below.
Official USHJA Sponsors
Additional USHJA Sponsors & Partners