USHJA Announces Changes in the 2012 Stirrup Cup Awards
December 2, 2011
The Stirrup Cup Award Program has added several new categories for the 2012 season that began September 16, 2011, and ends September 15, 2012. Please be sure to participate in these new sections at any B- or C-rated competitions to receive points. For more information regarding the Stirrup Cup Awards Program, go to the USHJA website.
New Sections for 2012:
1. Performance Hunter 3'3"
2. Thoroughbred Hunter: Limited to horses that are registered with or are eligible to be registered with The Jockey Club. To be judged on performance and soundness. To be shown over a minimum of eight fences 3’ in height. Points will be awarded according to the rating of the competition. It is the responsibility of the competition to verify eligibility.
3. Low Children’s/Adult Hunters: Can be split. Specifications: fences 2'6" and no cross entry by riders into any class at the same show exceeding 2'6", except age group equitation and medal classes up to
3'; often these classes are called "Low," "Pre," “Novice” or some other nomenclature. In addition, shows may offer Low Pony Hunter (2'0"). Low Pony Hunter riders may not cross enter into any class at the same show exceeding 2', except age group equitation and medal classes up to 3'.
4. Low Children’s/Adult Jumpers: Can be split. Follows zone specifications.
5. Low Pony Jumpers: Unrated classes with heights of 2’9" to 3’0"; follows Pony Jumper rules.
6. 1.20 Jumpers
7. 1.30 Jumpers
2. Children’s Hunter Horse
3. Children’s Hunter Pony
4. AO Hunters (can be split to AO Younger, AO Older and AO 3’3)
5. Junior Hunters (can be split to Junior Hunter Large and Junior Hunter Small)
6. Pony Hunters (can be split to Large Pony and Small/Medium Pony. Small/Medium can be split further if there are enough winners)
7. AA Hunter (can be split to AA Younger and AA Older)
8. Children’s/Adult Jumpers (can be split)
Back to News & Media