Annual Responsibilities of Certified and Provisional Trainers
All Certified and Provisional Trainers and Applicants are responsible for the following:
- Maintaining current contact information with USHJA. To update contact information, please click here.
- Maintaining their USHJA Active or Collegiate Coach Membership annually. If membership is not renewed by February 1, the trainer will forfeit their certification and will be removed from the USHJA Certified Trainers Directory.
- Maintaining their liability insurance current and providing proof of such to USHJA as their expiration dates approach. A 30-day grace period has been established for trainers to update their policies and send in appropriate certificates of insurance.
- Renew certification every five years. For TCP Renewal Procedural Responsibilities, please click here.
- Adhere to all USEF rules. If an individual is suspended by the USEF, that individual's USHJA Trainer Certification or Provisional status will be suspended for the same time period. Upon completion of the USEF suspension period, the individual's USHJA
Should you neglect these responsibilities, trainers must follow the reinstatement process. Click here for more information about reinstatement.