Current Clinic Specifications
- Clinician must be an active USHJA member and in good standing.
- USHJA requires proof of liability insurance only; listing USHJA as additional insured is no longer required.
- Riding clinics hosted or conducted by an Olympian or USHJA Certified Trainer and
non-riding educational clinics receive their directory listing for free.
Riding clinics not hosted or conducted by an Olympian or USHJA Certified Trainer must
remit a $50 Directory Listing Service Fee. See the
Clinic Application for details.
- All clinic documents and payment, if applicable, must be received in the USHJA office or postmarked a minimum of 30 days before the clinic.
Directory of Clinics Process
1. Submit the following to Carrie Vaught or fax (859) 258-9033 a minimum of 30 days before your clinic:
2. Upon receipt of the completed forms and payment (if applicable), your clinic information will be posted on the USHJA Directory of Clinics and will be promoted in USHJA’s bi-monthly USHJA E-Update 2-4 weeks before your clinic.
3. Each clinic participant must sign a Liability Waiver, as provided by USHJA. Copies of all waivers with the clinic participants' signatures must be received in the USHJA office or postmarked within 10 days following the clinic.**
**USHJA will not be held responsible for liability or expenses incurred during the clinic.
Melanie Smith Taylor
TCP Certified Trainers
Once the Clinic Application and Proof of Insurance are received in the USHJA office,
your clinic information will be placed on the USHJA Directory of Clinics.
and in the USHJA E-Update (sent bi-weekly to all 30,000+ members).
Materials for Participants
USHJA provides treats for horses in riding clinics and note-taking materials for auditors
in non-riding clinics.
Clinics in a Box
Clinics in a Box
is designed to provide an outline of responsibilities for planning a clinic. It includes ideas on
the type of clinic that you can offer, a timeline of tasks to be completed during the planning phase,
contracts, marketing, on-site needs, contracts with event staff and clinicians and financial needs and
If you wish to provide assistance to future clinics, including those listed in the USHJA Directory of Clinics and TCP Clinics, you may make a tax deductible donation to USHJA. A cover letter stating your wish for the donation to be designated for future clinics should be included with a check made payable to USHJA and sent to the attention of Carrie Vaught. USHJA sends an acknowledgement of all donations with the appropriate tax deduction verification forms.
Interested in hosting a Lunging Clinic?
The Horse & Rider Advocates Committee brings you a helpful tool,
Lunging Clinic Guidelines and Agenda