Host Facility Application Procedures, Requirements and USHJA Responsibilities
- USHJA reserves all rights to determine the requirements and application procedures for facilities
interested in hosting an EAP Regional Training Session.
- USHJA holds 10 Regional Training Session in areas where an appropriate host facility applies and that best serve the demographic population and geographic balance of those interested in participating in the program.
- Applications must be submitted on the official USHJA EAP Regional Host Facility Application
and accompanied by any additional materials the applicant wishes the committee to consider. Only
completed applications will
be considered. Upon arrival in the USHJA office, all applications are date stamped and have the
envelope bearing the postmark attached. All further correspondence, including the Host Agreement,
if approved, is sent to the host facility applicant at the email address listed on the application,
with delivery confirmation and read receipt, unless otherwise specified. Hard copy is available upon request.
- The USHJA EAP Task Force reviews the applications no later than October 15
and sends their recommendations to the USHJA Executive Committee for approval
of the Regional calendar.
- Once a facility has been approved to host the Regional Training Session, and Clinician arrangements have been made, USHJA sends the potential host a
USHJA EAP Regional Clinic Host Agreement. The host facility representative must sign and return the
completed Host Agreement to the USHJA within 14 business days following notification of approval.
If the host does not return the signed agreement within 14 business days following notification of
approval, the Host Agreement will be considered null and void.
Equipment, Facility & Personnel Requirements
Host facility must provide, at its own expense, full use of the following: grounds and facilities, including all necessary personnel, sanitary facilities, equipment, jumps, seating, communication equipment and all necessary insurance. Necessary amenities, equipment, facilities and personnel for this event are:
- One hand held microphone
- One headset microphone (tiara microphone)
- Sound system.
- Seating adjacent to demonstration arena for 50 spectators
- Four tables for USHJA Registration, merchandise, et cetera
- Show quality jumps including Liverpool, safety cups or wooden dowels for all back rails
- 6 cavaletti or cavaletti blocks
- 100 foot tape (for measuring distances between jumps)
- 6 foot (minimum) tape (for measuring height of jumps)
- Metal rake (for in front of and behind jumps)
- Shavings and shavings fork
- Water cooler and cups ringside (Filled daily-or bottled water)
- One tack stall per every four riders (Maximum of six tack stalls)
- If stalls are temporary, enough stalls available for participants to purchase double stalls
- Perimeter seating around your arena for up to 50 people
- Covered area near the arena that can seat 50 people and be used to serve meals and hold meetings in a classroom style setting
- Area to post notices in stabling area (example: bulletin board)
- 24 stalls with bedding available for purchase
If temporary stabling, participants must have the option of purchasing double stalls.
Any stall fees will be paid directly to the host facility. The attendees are responsible for contacting the host facility representative prior to the start of the Regional Training Session to arrange ship-in times, payment for any stall, bedding and early arrival fees, et cetera.
USHJA must be notified of the above fees a minimum of 60 days in advance of the Regional Clinic.
- One tack stall for every four riders
- Arena perimeter seating for a minimum of 50 people
- A covered area for lunch and meetings that seats a minimum of 50 people
- Host facility representative present at all times
- Personnel with appropriate equipment to drag and water the arena as needed
- Veterinarian and farrier on-call. Host must arrange and pay for any on-call fee requirements.
- EMT or First Responder services on-site are required for all 5 days of the Regional Training Session. Host facility is responsible for any contracting EMT or First Responder services. USHJA will reimburse host facility for EMT or First Responder fees up to $350 per day upon timely submission of invoice for services provided by EMT or First Responder.
- Host is responsible for any EMT or First Responder fees over $350 per day.
- Host facility must include USHJA as an Additional Insured on the location's insurance policy with at least One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) single liability for each day of the Regional Training Session, including set-up and take down days. Coverage shall be on an occurrence rather than a claim made basis. A copy of the Insurance Form must be submitted to USHJA a minimum of 30 days before the Regional Training Session begins.
- USHJA may send a staff liaison or EAP Committee Representative to each of the Regional Training Session to assist in the event production.
- USHJA arranges and pays for the following catering needs for the event: lunch day two through day five and a pizza party dinner on day two for each rider, host facility representative and clinician. Any additional guests or auditors must provide their own meals.
- USHJA contracts and pays for all clinician expenses.
- USHJA will reimburse host facility for EMT or First Responder fees up to $350 per day upon timely submission of invoice for services provided by EMT or First Responder.
- USHJA provides advertising of the EAP Regional Training Sessions on the USHJA website calendar, in the USHJA E-Update, In Stride magazine, on www.ushja.org and in other appropriate media.
- USHJA provides the host with all banners and signage to be displayed during the Regional Training Sessions.
- USHJA provides the host with a copy of the courses and a list of any required jumps prior to the Regional Training Sessions.
Return to main EAP host facility page.